Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Shoe Shopping ~ 7/30/08

LittleMan starts school on August 7th. So we had some shopping to do.

This weekend is our tax-free weekend. I don't like to shop for clothing on tax-free weekend for 2 reasons.

1. Everybody shops then, so the stores are super crowded, and the choices dwindle quickly.

2. In Alabama, on clothing, it's only tax-free on the first $100. Which is only an $8 savings.

So, I thought we'd get what we needed before the tax-free weekend. I usually go to several places before finding some shoes he likes for a good price. But we got lucky in our first store.

Shoe Carnival had a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off.

Sketchers Kewl Breeze Airators - $44.98 [the blue & red ones]
Sketchers Z Straps - $34.98 - 50% off - $17.48 [the yellow & black ones]

Total = $62.47 before tax
Savings of $17.48 plus tax


1 comments:

I know what you mean....I can't believe people actually WAIT for the tax free weekend to shop...sheesh, if they would just watch the sales, they would get such a better deal. I guess if you are looking for ALL THE BIG NAMES, 8% seems like a good deal. I usually won't touch a sale unless it is 30% or more off....
Our weekend is this weekend also....yep, I'm staying home and cleaning....lol.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home