Friday, August 1, 2008

Saving Money on Groceries #4 - Loyalty Cards

Using a Loyalty Card

I'm not as familiar with loyalty cards as I'd like to be. The only store that I currently use a loyalty card with is Winn Dixie. And I'm learning more about CVS-ing before I start there. I do know that these stores have some pretty great deals, that you can only get if you have and use their store card.

What I've learned recently about CVS & Walgreens (Walgreens does NOT have a store card, the specials are for everyone!) is the best time to use your coupons is in conjunction with their deals. Especially their Buy One Get One Free deals.

For example, CVS is having a sale on Covergirl. Buy any Covergirl product, Get one free.

[If you're signed up at Covergirl's website, they will periodically email you coupons that you can usually print two of. ]

Here's where the fun begins. Say the Covergirl products are $7.99 each, but you get one free, so together they are $7.99. And you happen to have 2 coupons for $4 each. You can use 2 coupons on these deals! So you can get both for free.

This is just an example. Your coupons could be for $3 each and you spend $2 out of pocket. Which is still a great deal.

And it's not always on make-up.

[If I'm not wrong, I believe on the BOGO deals, you can also use any coupon for the same product that says BOGO and get 3 for the price of 1. That also could be only certain stores or cities, not sure yet.]

Even when you do not have coupons, you can score some really great buys!

But you can't get them if you do not sign up for the store's loyalty card.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home