Friday, August 1, 2008

Saving Money on Groceries #5 - Using Price Match

Using Walmart's price match is as easy as it sounds. The main thing I use price match for is Milk. Milk can range anywhere from $2.99 to $5 a gallon at any given store.

Milk at my Walmart this week was $4.20. In the Walgreen ad, I saw that their milk was on sale for $3.79.

So, when I checked out, I just showed the ad to my cashier before she rang up the milk, and I got 2 gallons for $3.79 each.

Walmart will match any competitors price, within a 50 mile radius. [Some people have said 60 miles, but I was told by an employee at my Walmart it is 50 miles for our store.]

The only deals they DO NOT match is the Buy One Get One Free deals.

So, this Sunday when you're getting your coupons out of the paper, don't forget to pull out all your locals grocery store ads and look them over. [and pharmacy ads, etc.]

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home