Wednesday, August 6, 2008

CVS Shopping ~ August 6, 2008

This was my very first trip to CVS since I got into coupons. I was really disappointed. They didn't have half the products on my list. So I will have to find another CVS to get my Kellogg's products for the Kellogg's rebate. [Yes I know I bought Kellogg's products at Walgreen's yesterday, but they all have to be in the same transaction, and CVS has the products I want to get, just not at the store I visited today] 4 of my coupons wouldn't go through, so she finally had to manually put them in. I was in there forever! And I used 4 BOGO coupons along with the BOGO deal on the Covergirl makeup, so all 8 should have been free. But the way the lady did it, I paid $3 more than I should have. And I didn't notice the difference until I got home. Oh well, a lesson learned I guess.



So here's what I got:

  • 2 Crest Pro-Health toothpastes -on sale for $2.49ea - I had 2- 75 cents off coupons
  • 2 Crest w/Scope toothpastes -on sale for $2.49ea- I had 2- 75 cents off coupons
  • 1 Oral B Advantage toothbrush - on sale for $2.49 - I had $1 off coupon
  • [These 5 above items gave me $7.50 in ECBs]
  • 1 Colgate toothpaste - $2.99 - I had a $1.50 coupon
  • [Colgate got me $2 in ECBs]
  • 1 Gillette Fushion razor - on sale for $9.99 - I had a $4 off coupon
  • [Gillette got me $3 ECBs]
  • 4 Pert BOGO - $3.69 each - I had 4- $2 off coupons - HAD REBATE FOR THIS
  • 8 Covergirl makeups BOGO [9.49, 9.49, 8.99, 7.99, 7.49, 5.49, 5.49, 5.49] - I had 4 BOGO coupons, which would have made all 8 free, but ... instead I paid $3 for all 8 products, still not bad I guess

My Total saved - $88.90

My Total ECBs - $12.50

My Total OOP - $24.09

**Would have gotten the Pert Rebate - Buy $5 worth of Pert Plus and/or Sure products, get up to $5 in FREE school supplies - but I neglected to read it in it's entirety until I got home and realized you had to buy the school supplies, then they send the refund. At least I got all the Pert products for free after my coupons!! Another lesson. At least it wasn't a big mistake!

3 comments:

Girl, do you go to the coupon mom website?? If you don't, you need to!! I just found her a few weeks ago! I lurve her site! Such a big help.

Yeah I go there, it's a great site!! I think I'll do better next time, today was a learning experience though. =)

You're good. I want (and need) to do things like this. It's getting started with it that is my problem.

:)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home